When do you use lens corrections in Lightroom?

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK the obvious answer to that question is when you see there's some vignetting, barrel distortion, or pincushioning that needs adjustment. But I'm curious if folks automatically enable them for everything (for example an import preset), or perhaps always on a certain lens, etc?

I don't, but it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm trying to remember if LR can automatically apply a preset based on the lens that was used (and/or the focal length). (there is other software that can)....but if it can't, it's not hard to filter your images before apply the correction.

I have never really been too concerned about native vignetting. I think it's sort of funny that we scrutinize a lens's tendency to vignette, then go to the trouble to design software to correct for it.....then add our own vignette in post anyway. I know I'm not the only one to think that.

I have never really been too concerned about native vignetting. I think it's sort of funny that we scrutinize a lens's tendency to vignette, then go to the trouble to design software to correct for it.....then add our own vignette in post anyway. I know I'm not the only one to think that.

You're not the only one to think that.

Most reactions

Back