When not in use????

pbsmoker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering how some of you store your studio stuff when not in use. I set my stuff up in my loft when i take pictures but have to tear everything down (even though noone uses the loft) So how do you store your lights, muslins, etc?? I need to get the wrinkles out of my muslin backdrops, any suggestions??

Thanks

Jason Bryan

Backdrops can be a pain because they are so big and need to be folded up for transport etc.

If you can roll them, that would probably mean less wrinkles than if you folded it or bunched it up.

There are plenty of ways to get rid of the wrinkles...put it in the dryer (maybe with something damp for moisture)...you could iron it (or use one of those steam irons when it's hanging). You could spray water onto it, then let it hang to dry for several hours.

I don't have a shooting location or studio...I usually go to people's houses...so all of my stuff is packed and portable. I keep most of it in a large suitcase and the few things that don't fit are just packed up as needed.

I have cases for most all of my gear. If cameras, lenses and strobes are kept in cases, it's hard to have an accident. What won't go into cases, I keep in a cabinet.

I have rollers mount on the wall near the ceiling for background paper/muslin. I roll the canvases and put them aside when not in use.

-Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back