When soul and body are flying together

First off, I think your pictures look really cool. It's obvious that you love what you're doing and it shines through in your pictures.

Secondly:
Looking at this from a more techincal point of view... This in my honest opinion is just a snap shot. You've posted like 3 or 4 others of these I've seen, and their all basically the same thing... But every last one of them is just a cool effect. Theres no real composition, and I think your aware of that too so your kinda trying to save that with an expressive title.
This is the kind of thing that makes me not want to come to this website. Some guy who in his profile admits that he's been into photography for less than a year makes pointless, negative comment with no constructive value whatsoever. Most of these threads have someone like him on there saying something spiteful about the photo for no reason or just saying that it's of poor quality and leaving it at that. You should give constructive criticism that will help the photographer improve their "crappy" photos, and only do so if you know a thing or two about photography yourself. Insulting someone's photo doesn't help them improve their technique, it may well discourage them from pursuing photography, and it certainly won't make your photos look any better. While it would be a lot of fun to post my photos on a website like this one and get tips and comments, looking around here affirms that the comments will probably be made by people who don't really know what they're talking about and just relish the opportunity to sound like professionals by parroting the things that the real seasoned photographers on this site say. Such is the internet.

But this dude is cool and didn't care about the insults and just kept a-postin'. Sorry for ranting in your thread.

+1 that goes for the people who are experienced as well. I really appreciate the constructive criticism I"ve received lately... without the ego.

btw, I really like the last shot, very ghastly!

I think these photo's are fantastic. Since I dont take this type of photo, Id say its making the best of a situation where there is clearly low light for the stage and Im sure flash is prohibited so as not to distract the dancers. Otherwise, flash sync would be a neat addition to the style, but as it is its really cool!

Amazing pictures, please tell me which settings you have used for this? i specially like the picture of the girl in front of man, its really amazing dude, even we can see her lipstick as well, really amazing just speechless photography.

Cool. For everyone else in the thread, I'll just say: settings ≠ image.

bookmarked and b back l8er, bro, :)

Settings - E: 0.6 sec, A : 5.6

Loving picture 3 and 4, really nice!! What I would have tried is to erase the ground from picture 3 to make it look like the performer is floating in mid air. Just a suggestion ;)

First off, I think your pictures look really cool. It's obvious that you love what you're doing and it shines through in your pictures.

Secondly:
Looking at this from a more techincal point of view... This in my honest opinion is just a snap shot. You've posted like 3 or 4 others of these I've seen, and their all basically the same thing... But every last one of them is just a cool effect. Theres no real composition, and I think your aware of that too so your kinda trying to save that with an expressive title.
This is the kind of thing that makes me not want to come to this website. Some guy who in his profile admits that he's been into photography for less than a year makes pointless, negative comment with no constructive value whatsoever. Most of these threads have someone like him on there saying something spiteful about the photo for no reason or just saying that it's of poor quality and leaving it at that. You should give constructive criticism that will help the photographer improve their "crappy" photos, and only do so if you know a thing or two about photography yourself. Insulting someone's photo doesn't help them improve their technique, it may well discourage them from pursuing photography, and it certainly won't make your photos look any better. While it would be a lot of fun to post my photos on a website like this one and get tips and comments, looking around here affirms that the comments will probably be made by people who don't really know what they're talking about and just relish the opportunity to sound like professionals by parroting the things that the real seasoned photographers on this site say. Such is the internet.

But this dude is cool and didn't care about the insults and just kept a-postin'. Sorry for ranting in your thread.

I couldn't agree more. I saw one post that asked for a recommendation. The answers were "terse" no's and some other meaningless answer that told the OP nothing. Had a teenybopper tell me to "get over yourself" when I quipped that an answer to a technical question, with only a "no" did not help the OP in anyway, such as why, or how the answer was formulated. I've come to the conclusion that there are alot of pizza-faced asshat's in this forum. However: There are many more professional, semi-professional, and advanced amatuers on this site that are more than willing to help, and I for one have gratefully benefited from that. Guess that's just the nature of any "forum".
Only one way around it, and that is use the "ignore user" button....

J.:grumpy:

Beautiful photos, well executed and processed with a distinct style.....I haven't posted here in a while, some of the comments above are why. Sorry to see things haven't improved...it's the same on other forums, put down style comments, from people who can't come up with the goods in their own photography.

IMG_9949.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back