When to get a camera..

cepwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to move up to a DSLR (Considering the Cannon T3i and the Nikon 3100/5100.) Here's the question though. There are a lot of Christmas sales going on now and I was thinking of taking advantage and getting my camera now. However, CES happens early January and you know there will be announcements there as well..so perhaps it's best to wait 2 or 3 months. So should I jump on the sales or wait to see what will drop in early 2012 (or do they drop new models early in the year??)Thoughts???

Thanks!

I would just buy it.

If you're always waiting to see what the next model is, you'll never get a camera. There is always some new model right around the corner.

If you look at the T2i and T3i they were launched in february 2010 & 2011 so a T4i in the beginning of 2012 is certainly not unthinkable. The older model will then be cheaper to.

Best to save money and buy the older model body and better lenses. Bodies make a difference BUT cameras have advanced a lot within the last few years so you wont go wrong missing that one new feature the newest model will have.

Canon rumors is saying the same thing...Feb 2012 for the T4i. It doesn't sound like a major upgrade but still it sounds like waiting a few weeks may make sense.

If you look at the T2i and T3i they were launched in february 2010 & 2011 so a T4i in the beginning of 2012 is certainly not unthinkable. The older model will then be cheaper to.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back