When you travel...

Conner41

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you bring all your gear? Or do you select only certain things to travel as light as possible? We are thinking about traveling to Brazil in August and I was just wondering what gear I should bring. I don't feel like lugging around everything and taking a chance of something getting lost or stolen. Having a few items would be much easier to manage than having a mountain of gear to maintain.

What are your thoughts?

Ton of gear? or just the essentials?

I've never been brave enough to travel with my 5dII so I just pack up my old rebel xsi with a cheap 50 1.8mm. I take those two also when I go hiking.

Ton of gear? or just the essentials?

I don't walk out of the house with anything I won't need on a days shoot, why would it be any different for travel?

Having said that, with my trip to NZ fast approaching I'll be taking a 24-120 and a 70-200 but I may live to regret that decision.

When I went to Europe for 2 weeks all I took was my small bag with the 24-105mm, 10-22mm and a 50mm. that's it and I made do with what I had never regretted not having anything else.

It depends ... if it is a "vacation" or a "trip" ... a vacation requires large amounts of alcohol ... on a trip I bring all my lenses, monopod, and a travel tripod.

It depends ... if it is a "vacation" or a "trip" ... a vacation requires large amounts of alcohol ... on a trip I bring all my lenses, monopod, and a travel tripod.

Bingo!

Most reactions

Back