Where and when?!!!!

I'm only allowed on the East Coast once a year and unfortunately, my Bosses schedule that trip to DC in December each year.

One of these days I'm going to make it to a US TPF meet.

I feel jealous and outcast. :mad-71:

Ok, well we've figure out a way to include you. Does gossip count?

That's almost worse. I'd be hearing all the in-jokes and fun stories second-hand, "Well, Mish said "blah, blah, blah" and then Pgriz said "this, that and the other". It was so funny! I guess you had to be there". Well, I bloody wasn't, was I?!

NO THANKS. :048:

That's almost worse. I'd be hearing all the in-jokes and fun stories second-hand, "Well, Mish said "blah, blah, blah" and then Pgriz said "this, that and the other". It was so funny! I guess you had to be there". Well, I bloody wasn't, was I?!

NO THANKS. :048:
We'll make sure to send you some pictures too. Oh, hey!!! I have a GoPro!! I'll live stream it to you!!

How about the eastern shore of MD. We have Blackwater wildlife refuge, assateague island. Both are great places for wildlife.
Hey Mish,

My parole doesn't allow me to travel as far north as Philly (oops!). However, I think another meet-up in the DC area would be way-cool. And as much as Lew packed into the last one for all of us, it's not like we covered even 10% of what is here in the DC area.
I'm assuming you could get that far before the law gets you !

Maine is always fun!

I might be up at Acadia in July

I'll be in Wilmington, DE & Philly tomorrow.

We could have a continuous Facetime session. Whenever I see something I want to photograph, I'll get you to point your phone at it and I'll take a photo of my phone screen.

Would anyone be interested in Pittsburgh?

This could be horrible stereotyping, but you have to admit that any city with "pitts" as the starting syllable of the name, HAS to have questionable qualities. Not to mention that "they" host the Penguins. They could have used the name "piranas" or "predators" (before the name got used elsewhere), or maybe even "prancers", but "penguins"?

Awww, no fair, Pittsburgh is great! And the PENguins in PENNsylvania...get it, get it?

Go Pens! (Except when they're playing the Rangers, and then booo!)

Awww, no fair, Pittsburgh is great! And the PENguins in PENNsylvania...get it, get it?

Go Pens! (Except when they're playing the Rangers, and then booo!)

Ok, so the team has a few good players, but how do you lose to the BlueJackets? If they don't reverse their losing streak, Ottawa may catch them for the wild-card spot.

I'll concede the point that "PEN" is common to both, but the image of a penguin is neither very graceful (on land), or particularly fear inspiring (except perhaps for fish). And you know that penguins are famous for just standing around. You don't want that image associated with a hockey team. On the other hand, the Ducks are doing pretty good despite their name.

Back on topic, Pittsberg (yeah, yeah, I know the spelling :boogie:) is a place I've never been to. Parking is apparently expensive. I thought that New York and Washington had the most expensive parking, but maybe it's also a contender in this category. Would this place be conducing to lots of walking ( lots of good stuff accessible on foot ), or are the interesting spots scattered all over, necessitating transport?

Mishelle, you live close to me. Want to meet up? I'm in Atlanta. You drive.

Ok, so the team has a few good players, but how do you lose to the BlueJackets? If they don't reverse their losing streak, Ottawa may catch them for the wild-card spot.

I'll concede the point that "PEN" is common to both, but the image of a penguin is neither very graceful (on land), or particularly fear inspiring (except perhaps for fish). And you know that penguins are famous for just standing around. You don't want that image associated with a hockey team. On the other hand, the Ducks are doing pretty good despite their name.

Fair enough ;)

Back on topic, Pittsberg (yeah, yeah, I know the spelling :boogie:) is a place I've never been to. Parking is apparently expensive. I thought that New York and Washington had the most expensive parking, but maybe it's also a contender in this category. Would this place be conducing to lots of walking ( lots of good stuff accessible on foot ), or are the interesting spots scattered all over, necessitating transport?

I had a car for the first couple of years I lived there, but it mostly stayed parked (Edit: I mean it was parked at my house/apartment building where parking was free. I mostly took buses or walked.) Sometimes if I was running late, I'd drive and park in an underground garage across from campus, but I don't remember it being too exorbitant. I'll tell you what was expensive - the ticket I had to pay once when I drove to school and parked on the street, then totally forgot that I'd done that and took the bus home. I remembered the next day when I went to look for my car in the parking lot of my apartment building and realized it wasn't there. :oops:

But anyway - I suppose it also depends on what part you're going to. The city itself is very hilly so that should be taken into consideration when choosing a designation. Downtown is small and manageable, though, and it's easy to walk across bridges to get views OF downtown as well. Plus there's the incline that brings you up Mt.Washington and gives spectacular views of downtown. BUT, downtown is probably where parking is hardest and most expensive, because it's a very compact downtown area and the streets are fairly narrow. If it's possible and if the meetup does happen there, I'd suggest parking in another neighborhood and taking the bus. Their bus system is pretty good.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back