Where are your photos?

I'm another "setup for failure" person with no backups...well I guess I kind of have backups. I upload all my keepers to my zenfolio site so if my hard drive crashed, I would still have all the files that I originally felt like were keepers....but I have no other backups.

But...I just ordered a laptop and plan to set it up to automatically sync all of my pictures between the laptop and desktop that way I have a copy in both places. I also plan to get a 1tb external drive for backing up the main desktop computer. That computer only has 500gb so when it's full I will get a second 500gb drive and then I'll have the 1tb external to back it all up. I've been lucky so far that I haven't had a hard drive failure....hopefully I don't have one between now and Monday/Tuesday when my laptop is supposed to arrive.

I did a big backup of everything the other day - of all my images the harddrive has lost one! Luckly the little icon for the image still holds so I can tell what it is (and that its a dud shot) but still one shot missing and lost on the harddrive! When it can happen to one it can happen to many

and I would hate to lose a RAW of a keeper shot! (PSD/TIFF or JPEG I'm fine with, I might have to do a lot of processing again but if I lose that RAW that's it :(_

Most reactions

New Topics

Back