Where do you buy your ink?

msf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just wondering where everyone buys thier printer ink.

I just got the Canon i9100 and I need to replace a couple of the cartridges.

I went to staples and the in store price is $1 or $2 higher per cartridge than the website, but the website requires a $50 purchase to get free shipping. Plus they dont take canon ink cartridges, which I was hoping for to reduce the cost of each by $3.

Office depot seems to be the same price as staples, but I dont know if they would take the canon ink cartridges and give you store credit.

Amazon seems to be the cheapest ive seen so far, and its not that hard to get $25 for free shipping.

check out newegg.com they have pretty low prices on a bunch of stuff.

although im sure refill systems work. i am always questioning them. and once i used ink not made by the manufacturer it clogged my inkjets and it usually voids the warranty if its not the same brand ink. i had to replace my entire printer so i no longer trust third party ink.

Staples.

If you print out the price of the ink from the website and take it in-store, they will match the price. Staples also has coupon quite often which makes the deal even sweeter. I am a staples junkie, the new website thing of $50 for fre shipping sucks but I only have a few more dollars to hit the $1000 threshold for this year to get free shipping on any sized order :blushing:

They usually take competitor coupons as well (depends on manager,) there is a coupon for OfficeMax for $10 off a $25 and $20 off of $50 purchase out right now too. If you want it, PM me.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I dont trust the ink refill kits. Ive damaged 3 printers using that stuff. Plus who knows what the color profile is for them.

I forgot about staples coupons. I get coupons time to time, but its usually $20 off $200. Im a rewards member and get them time to time as well.

I wish they didnt change the free shipping from anyone thats a rewards member to a purchase of at least $50. Hopefully they will relize they are probably loosing business due to it. Also if enough people buy a filler item to get free shipping, and then return that filler for a full refund, they may decide to change it back. That or change the return policy :)

I dont think the staples in this area will take an officemax coupon since theres no officemax in the area that I know of.

I get mine from http://www.uniteddigitalsolutions.com. I personally don't want to purchase cartridges for the brandname it carries. i may sound like a cheapskate but i'm not---i'm practical ;) if two products offer the same quality, but bears different costs---you know where i'm going right?

I was browsing the net and i bumped into united digital. i tried one of their HP inkjet cartridges, been using it ever since.

Initially, I've no idea 'bout the difference between OEM and New compatible ink. If you're like me, you should visit the FAQs page of United Digital Solutions.

i am surprised this infomration has not reached this site ; Epson has just won a court victory with regard to third party carts. It is violating their patents and they will no longer be allow in the USA.

At this time this covers desktop printers, but who knows what will happen with the larger printers in the future.

Most reactions

Back