Where do you go shopping?

Toffee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Having despaired of my local Jessops stores (I'm sure they're not all bad, just my local ones :| ), I'm wondering if there are any other good photographic equipment companies left in the UK? The only other place I know of is www.7dayshop.com which is great for bargains, but doesn't have a huge range.

:chatty:So, apart from Jessops, where do you all buy your new toys? Who do you turn to when you want a new 58mm 85B filter or a tripod bag? Do you like to buy online? Where did you get your best bargain?

I use ebay almost exclusively. Huge variety, and if you play your cards right, you can get good deals.

There are still some good independent shops in London, I use Jacobs an awful lot and tend to buy knackered kit and see if it works or I can fix it. Remarkably, they'll take back stuff which I haven't been able to fix without any quibbles.

AFAIK they were formed by the best of the staff at Jessops, who were sick of working... well at Jessops.

www.jacobs-photo.co.uk

EBay is the only answer. There's the good, the bad and the ugly. The stuff I've bought has been babied! Can't beat the price. Shipping across the pond can get a little pricey though...

There is some equipment and supplies that I'm happy to pick up used if it's a deal, and I've had mostly good luck with Ebay.

For new gear, supplies, film, chems, paper, etc... I shop (in the USA) at Freestyle and B & H. Anything cheaper than B & H is probably a scam. Freestyle is just a bit more expensive, but I've always been impressed how fast I get my stuff even when I go with regular shipping, and their great customer service.

Usually, i buy things from HongKong ....Australia's camera equiments are very expensive
for online , ebay + B&H!

Thanks! These are great suggestions. I think I'll go shopping! :bounce:

For sure, I do the "shopping" part on the web, but try to do the "buying" part locally. It's not always possible (for different reasons... cost, availability), but I do give it a try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back