Where do you go when you wanna shoot, but dont know what you wanna shoot?

Riggaberto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's one of those days. I want to go out and take some photos, but I have no idea of what or where.

Post where you go when you just wanna take some photos. Any imput is appreciated, I'm just looking for ideas.

Head into town - think of a subject then your mind will be tuned to spotting that subject. Once you get bored of it, think of another subject, you'll start noticing that as well then just go with the flow.

Starter for ten, drainpipes - off you go! :D

Do what I (try to) do about twice a week, grab your camera with one lens, and just take a walk.

That's an easy one for me.... walk to the train station and head into NYC.
I live in a semi-rural area...I'm moving to Seattle for college next fall, but I feel like I should be taking advantage of my area while I still have it.

I used to live in the rural Southern Oregon region and will be back there in a few weeks for about a month to visit family and freinds. What I liked to do is just go for a drive. Go down roads that I've never been down before and see what I can find. The last time I did that when I was in Oregon, I found a dynamite view of Mt. McLaughlin.

DSC_0136_EDIT_SMALL.jpg

When I moved to Seattle, I left my car behind and now I just walk amongst downtown.

Anyway, what school are you going to be going to in Seattle, Riggaberto?

All throughout Jersey, I like to find historical, lost, and forgotten places to shoot. For me, It is a walk through time and I try to imagine what it must have been like while photographing it. Even an old run down barn is a place to explore. NOTE: be wise and careful. Plan ahead for safety if you do.

CRW_8215_RT16.jpg

I also visit old cemetaries pretty frequently....

I used to live in the rural Southern Oregon region and will be back there in a few weeks for about a month to visit family and freinds. What I liked to do is just go for a drive. Go down roads that I've never been down before and see what I can find. The last time I did that when I was in Oregon, I found a dynamite view of Mt. McLaughlin.

DSC_0136_EDIT_SMALL.jpg

When I moved to Seattle, I left my car behind and now I just walk amongst downtown.

Anyway, what school are you going to be going to in Seattle, Riggaberto?

That's a pleasant shot. I'll be at UW, I live in Sequim right now.

Ok, you should like UW, it's HUGE!

I live in Chicago, so I go downtown. Oddly, I frequently end up shooting flowers. I don't even like flower pictures that much, I just like taking them. But there is always architecture and people and rusty metal stuff. I do like pictures of rusty metal stuff.

Ok, you should like UW, it's HUGE!

Yeah that's the idea, I'm very excited. Living in that location will provide no shortage of photographic opportunities. People are my favorite, so that will be good.

In the meantime though...

I like the suggestion on just picking something, I'll ask for suggestions from my friends I guess.

When you don't know what you want to take pictures of it is a mistake to go out looking because you will rarely find anything to inspireyou and you will make yourself feel even more despondent.
Far better to go to a Gallery or look at books and maybe find inspiration there... or an idea to steal.

When you've got nothing to say, saying nothing loudly is pointless - The Book Of Avis.

When you don't know what you want to take pictures of it is a mistake to go out looking because you will rarely find anything to inspireyou and you will make yourself feel even more despondent.
Far better to go to a Gallery or look at books and maybe find inspiration there... or an idea to steal.

When you've got nothing to say, saying nothing loudly is pointless - The Book Of Avis.

I tend to agree with this. My camera often sits for a few weeks without being used then it'll be used daily for a couple of weeks.
I normally browse photography websites for ideas to try, or improve on.
I've had a few of my best shots from seeing someone's attempt and having a go at it. It also proves that you don't have to go out to get good shots.

I don't have to go far right now, I live has a couple subjects that I can shoot when I get bored or just feel the need.

They are the river (Allegheny) and the set of railroad tracks next to the house. There are a lot of good shots just waiting for me to find them.

With the exception of Hell or Highwater these are scaled down a little over half, uncroped and watermarked only.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/Photos/HellorHighwater.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/Photos/100_0183.png
Prolly the best one V
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/Photos/100_0103.png

This is the same shot at two different times

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/Photos/100_0076.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/battousaiofnphiles/Photos/100_0187.png

Most reactions

New Topics

Back