Where do you host your photos for clients????

KBM1016

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.autumnlightsstudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am at my wits end, the company I am currently using is awful! I wanted to get some suggestions on a new site where I can host photos for a shoot and have clients order straight from the site.

What do you all suggest?

I don't like the idea of sending clients away from my site, so I bought a utility that resides right on my site. It's called Photocart and I know many other photographers who also use it.

On the plus side, it's a one time purchase...no monthly or annual fees....no commissions etc.

On the negative side, you have to process and fill the orders yourself (or pay an assistant to do it etc.). This is good in that you can see your prints before you send them out, but it can be a lot of work if you are busy. There are many sites / services that can take the orders, make the prints and ship directly to the clients (for a price, of course), but that process takes you out of the loop, so you really have to trust that they are giving your clients a good product.

I use Millers labs. Its $25 a month and they take up to 10% of the sales. But it is worry free for me and perfect for the volume of my portrait and event photography. All the Millers fees are built into my pricing so my profit margin is consistent.

No where.

I can't sell if the customer isn't right there with me.

Putting photos online for clients means leaving money on the table.

Photographers that graduate from online to in-person proofing realize average sales increases of up to 4x.

A shoot makes less for me than the extra prints I sell afterwards. If I meet with the client to pick prints and use an hd projector to show images in real size, I can normally sell at least a few framed A3 prints if not an A2 or some times A1.

Thanks for all the suggestions. My problem is I do sports photography as well so I can't really sit down with all my clients. I do have stations set up at events that I have staff look after to try and push products.

Have you tried fotomoto.com? They are free. I started using them not too long ago.
You can just host your images on a free blog and then embed Fotomoto's code for "share" and "buy" options.
The service is pretty good too

I use Zenfolio. I've branded it to look the same as my main website and just added a link to it as a menu option on my website. You can set it up so that's just a browsing gallery or a shop.

I sell both digital files and print products (albums, canvas prints, etc). Pixieset.com is really easy to use and has a free 3GB plan. I use them for digital download clients.

Bugger.

I fall for this all too often these days.

A few sober weekends might be in order, I reckon. :confused:

Don't worry. You're not the only one.. see below. :p

I sell both digital files and print products (albums, canvas prints, etc). Pixieset.com is really easy to use and has a free 3GB plan. I use them for digital download clients.

Most reactions

Back