where do you keep your camera when your not using it?

lyncca: thats interesting about the lens cap thing. its not something i really thought of (leaving them off all the time), but i was watching a bunch of those "whats in your bag?" photographer videos on youtube and i notice a lot of them pros dont seem to use the end caps all that much. the back caps sure, but a lot without the end caps. very weird i thought to spend all that money for lenses and then just toss them in the bag with no filter/cap/anything.

lyncca: thats interesting about the lens cap thing. its not something i really thought of (leaving them off all the time), but i was watching a bunch of those "whats in your bag?" photographer videos on youtube and i notice a lot of them pros dont seem to use the end caps all that much. the back caps sure, but a lot without the end caps. very weird i thought to spend all that money for lenses and then just toss them in the bag with no filter/cap/anything.

I have had to scrape up the money for each lens I buy; I'm protective of them! To some throwing out $600-$2000 may not be much, but it takes quite a dent out of my pocket book!

If it is at home, then it is mounted on the bracket and is awaiting the next shot. When moving from place-to-place, then it is in the camera bag with lens attached. I rarely switch glasses and only if I have to.

odd that you mention it - my current tutor for photography also doesn't seem to keep lenscaps on his lenses when traveling - though he does have filters on them all. I guess since you have to have a lot of marks for them to show in a shot and becaues filters are (reletivly) cheap they don't mind them getting damaged and prefer the speed?

Always in the bag when not in use. And the bag goes where I do. I might leave it in the trunk, but it's never left at home. All lenses capped.

People laugh at me for carrying my man-bag around. I tell them "What's the point in having a camera if you don't carry it with you."

With very few exceptions it goes everywhere with me.

Dude if i dont have my backpack with me people begin to ask me where its at. I Guess ive been known to carry it around quite a bit

i notice a lot of them pros dont seem to use the end caps all that much. the back caps sure, but a lot without the end caps. very weird i thought to spend all that money for lenses and then just toss them in the bag with no filter/cap/anything.

Somebody here once posted to do an experiment. Take a small piece of paper and wet it. Small, like smaller than your finger nail. Place it on the front glass. Take pics with and without it and see if you can tell the difference. Apparently the rear glass is way more important than the front glass. Small nicks and scratches in your front glass shouldn't do too much to your IQ.

Here's some proof.

When I am not using my camera it used to be kept in a small camera bag until I got a battery grip. Now it is located in me back pack camera bag. The camera bag goes with me pretty much anywhere I can go without getting into too much trouble. (including work.)

I keep my lens capped.

I have had to scrape up the money for each lens I buy; I'm protective of them!

same here...you should see the way i baby my new 70-200mm! :lmao:
Yea, I bet. I just ordered the 24-70 f2.8 last week and nearly had heart failure just buying it. You can bet it will be babied (if it ever gets off back order).

i notice a lot of them pros dont seem to use the end caps all that much. the back caps sure, but a lot without the end caps. very weird i thought to spend all that money for lenses and then just toss them in the bag with no filter/cap/anything.

Somebody here once posted to do an experiment. Take a small piece of paper and wet it. Small, like smaller than your finger nail. Place it on the front glass. Take pics with and without it and see if you can tell the difference. Apparently the rear glass is way more important than the front glass. Small nicks and scratches in your front glass shouldn't do too much to your IQ.

Here's some proof.

I still don't get it. Just cause it doesn't effect the quality doesn't mean I want to ding it up. My car drives the same if it has scratches and dents all over it but the resale and looks aren't going to be the same.

I don't go completely overboard on protecting my equipment, but I just don't see not using the couple of seconds of throwing a lens cap on hurting anything, especially if its for storage and travel.

I guess to each his own :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back