Where do you sell your lenses?

Have you tried posting them in the Buy and Sell section here?
When I'm looking for anything photography related, this is the first place I check.

Nothing against TPF, I've just not had much luck selling on this forum. I have sold all my lenses on eBay, which has a much larger traffic volume for any one lens. I sold all of them for what I thought was top end of the price point.
Places like KEH or any other camera store are trying to make money on the lens resell, and didn't offer me even close to what I wanted.

Just make sure you take good quality pictures of your products to ensure top dollar. Clean the lens and wipe down the glass, make it look as desirable as can be.

Edit: I did post my lenses simultaneousley on this forum and on eBay.

yeah, ebay is probably your best bet, though you'll take a slight hit if you don't have an established reputation and there are a lot of buying options for the product you're selling.

This is probably your best bet. It does cost money to join but seems worth it to me. I've purchased a few items there and it was quite successful. People there are serious and you likely won't get scammed as a buyer since people have to pay to play.

ebay/keh/B&H/etc. is always my last ditch effort.

I've always had good luck on forums and CL. Cash is king, so CL wins out usually--I always raise my prices on ebay to try to cover fees compared to what I'd sell a lens for cash for.

For example, I sold a lens on ebay for $325 + shipping when I was selling it here for ~$290 shipped (been two years, cant remember exactly off the top of my head). After PP fees and shipping I still would have cleared more than what it cost selling on ebay.

Most reactions

Back