Where is my lens????

luvmyfamily

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
USPS tracking sux! I ordered my 50mm lens from Amazon and have been like a little kid with anticipation. I should have ordered it from B&H! I have a photo session this weekend and was hoping to get this in time. I ordered it from Amazon because in the past, especially Christmas time, I no sooner place the order and it's on my front porch! Monday was presidents day, no mail and banks were closed with it is Thursday....hope it gets here today. The tracking isn't showing anything! vent session over:gah:

You are being punished by the Gods.. for giving up a godly lens for one that is evil and cheap! ;)

They are backed up! Now when I place orders, I choose two-three day shipping. If I don't receive confirmation in a day about it being shipped, I contact the seller. I've done this about 3 times already.

USPS tracking sux! I ordered my 50mm lens from Amazon and have been like a little kid with anticipation. I should have ordered it from B&H! I have a photo session this weekend and was hoping to get this in time. I ordered it from Amazon because in the past, especially Christmas time, I no sooner place the order and it's on my front porch! Monday was presidents day, no mail and banks were closed with it is Thursday....hope it gets here today. The tracking isn't showing anything! vent session over:gah:

Well, this confirms my theory that Amazon sucks. You're the second person that I know that has ordered a lens through Amazon in the past 2 months and they've effed up the order. The other person I know (Also a Forum go-er) had an expected delivery date of Feb 28 - MARCH 20TH!!! And the lens was in stock!

I kept on badgering him about calling them and seeing what the issue was or just flat out canceling the order and re-placing it with Adorama or B&H. He called up Amazon (2 or 3 weeks after placing the order) and they said "OOPS WE MESSED UP DUDE! Here's free next day shipping."

That's what I'd do if your lens hasn't shipped yet.

Well, this confirms my theory that Amazon sucks. You're the second person that I know that has ordered a lens through Amazon in the past 2 months and they've effed up the order. The other person I know (Also a Forum go-er) had an expected delivery date of Feb 28 - MARCH 20TH!!! And the lens was in stock!

I kept on badgering him about calling them and seeing what the issue was or just flat out canceling the order and re-placing it with Adorama or B&H. He called up Amazon (2 or 3 weeks after placing the order) and they said "OOPS WE MESSED UP DUDE! Here's free next day shipping."

That's what I'd do if your lens hasn't shipped yet.

Thanks! Getting ready to email them now. I have always had great luck with Amazon ordering other things besides photo gear with the fastest shipping and always wondered how did they do that so fast! If they are going to Fk up my order, maybe they'll accidently send me the 1.4 instead ;) heehee

Yet another reason why I don't buy online.

I order a lot from Amazon (both work and personal). Over 1000 orders in the past 5 years alone... and I have only had one or two problems the entire time time I have been ordering from them (since 1999)! So I consider Amazon to be VERY reliable.... much more so than any retailer I have ever dealt with.

cgipson1 said:
I order a lot from Amazon (both work and personal). Over 1000 orders in the past 5 years alone... and I have only had one or two problems the entire time time I have been ordering from them (since 1999)! So I consider Amazon to be VERY reliable.... much more so than any retailer I have ever dealt with.

Plus you find some better deals on there. Even from the same retailer.

They are backed up! Now when I place orders, I choose two-three day shipping. If I don't receive confirmation in a day about it being shipped, I contact the seller. I've done this about 3 times already.

I received an email that my items had shipped. Backed up? This isn't Christmas time.

luvmyfamily said:

You know what they are doing? They probably opened up your package played with it, place it back in the box and should be on its way. Or the could be playing mind games like give you an empty box and tell they gave you the wrong package and they will be by tomorrow to drop it off...Oo...mindfreak!!

You're right, just go to B&H next time! :)

It's never taken longer than overnight for me to get something from them, and I've never paid for a shipping upgrade.

Most reactions

Back