Where is my lens????

xj0hnx said:
USPS Priority does not have tracking. They have "Delivery Confirmation", which can act as tracking if the stations it passes through scan, and upload it, a lot fo them do not as it gets sorted, and put on a truck. When it hits your local sorting facility it will get scanned as arrived and sent to your local station, then they will scan it in, and out for delivery, and then once the post person delivers it, they will scan it as such, BUT, it only means that they delivered it, not necessarily that it was delivered to you.

Im pretty sure they have normal tracking as well - it just depends on how you mail it. I just bought a lens from a forum member and it was shipped through USPS and i was able to track it from when it shipped to when it was delivered

Only on Express Mail, and I believe with Signature Confirmation, and you have to pay extra for it. Sometimes with normal Priority with Delivery Confirmation it will go through hubs that do scan it in and out and update the information on the website, but they don't require it. If you ened something with an actual tracking number, than either Express Mail, or UPS/FedEx.

never had an issue with amazon and I've ordered a LOT from them in the last few years, especially since I signed up for Amazon Prime (free second day air is AWESOME). I've never had an item that wasn't delivered on the guaranteed delivery date other than the few times it went FedEx and the local hub screwed up. But that's FedEx's issue, it's one of the contracted out locations where none of it is actually owned or run by FedEx so they just suck in general (I know because my cousin works there and he's one of the biggest piles of $%#$ I've ever met)

I've had good luck with amazon for non-camera items. Where it gets challenging is if you are buying something from amazon, that's not actually SOLD by Amazon. They act as a middleman, with the end seller actually responsible for shipping the goods.

Hope it shows up!

While for camera equipment I would stick with Adorama or BH, 99% Amazon offers the same product for cheaper

I use Amazon religiously. I have their Prime account and if I were to order an item today, it would be here tomorrow or Saturday for free.

I think it depends on your location, perhaps some warehouses are better than others. However, in the dozens of orders I place every month, nearly every purchase is flawless and fast. Every once and awhile it will get lost during shipping (2-3 times over the past few years) but they just overnight a replacement for me.

The problem you are having is USPS is the epitome of fail for tracking packages. It will be at your door before it shows up in their system. However, I assume this also means you opted for the lowest shipping. I would always go with UPS, it's far more reliable. Seems more like a carrier problem than an Amazon problem.

You know that kind of shady pizza delivery guy in the neighborhood...

He has your lens! Bwaa-haaa-hhhaaaa-hah!

When I ordered my Canon 40D from Amazon they seriously messed it up.

They sent it to someone in the same city as me, but a completely random person and address that is a little over 10 miles away from my house. Fortunately I was able to track the package to where it was delivered, and I waited outside the guy's house for 2 hours to talk to him about my camera. (Fortunately hes a neighbor to a friend of mine)

I brought my receipt and the guy was he kind enough to give me the package in full unopened.

I contacted Amazon explaining what happened, asking for some sort of compensation, they responded basically by saying, you got your product didn't you?

True story.

You are being punished by the Gods.. for giving up a godly lens for one that is evil and cheap! ;)

OMG I Love that! I kept trying to convice her to get the other but she wouldn't listen to me!!! I hope you get it soon A :)

It's crazy! From what I understand, Amazon is good for shipping everything but camera gear! I checked the tracking just now, holy cow, it says it has been delivered....I do have it!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta make a phone call...............
Ship Carrier: USPS
Tracking ID: 420401659101969000940808690830
Latest Event: Shepherdsville KY
Delivered - February 24, 2012 1:18:00 PM
Text Trace: Your package is currently not eligible for Text Trace. Only Amazon fulfilled packages are currently eligible.
513EpaO4UML._SX100_.jpg

You are being punished by the Gods.. for giving up a godly lens for one that is evil and cheap! ;)

OMG I Love that! I kept trying to convice her to get the other but she wouldn't listen to me!!! I hope you get it soon A :)

It's crazy! From what I understand, Amazon is good for shipping everything but camera gear! I checked the tracking just now, holy cow, it says it has been delivered....I do have it!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta make a phone call...............
Ship Carrier:USPS
Tracking ID:420401659101969000940808690830
Latest Event:Shepherdsville KY
Delivered - February 24, 2012 1:18:00 PM
Text Trace:Your package is currently not eligible for Text Trace. Only Amazon fulfilled packages are currently eligible.

513EpaO4UML._SX100_.jpg

HINT! Don't use USPS! It is not Amazon's fault!

You know that kind of shady pizza delivery guy in the neighborhood...

He has your lens! Bwaa-haaa-hhhaaaa-hah!

Oh thank god!! Ok, so I also ordered a couple of accesssories and the mail lady walked them up to the door but put my lens in the mailbox????? WTH??? But YAY!!!! I got it!!!! was starting to think Derrel was right about the shady pizza guy :0 Time to log out and go play ;)

Yes, if the buyer choose the Free super saver shipping, it is most likely by USPS. Or sometimes FedEX to USPS office in the destination city then last leg by USPS driver.

Most reactions

Back