Where is the best place to print digital?

SassyFrass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am currently uploading my digital files to www.adorama.com for printing and am quite satisfied. But am interested in having a back up site to upload to "just in case". I would also like to be able to print digital files onto a canvas finish. I saw a site SOMEWHERE :? but cannot find it now!! Where does everyone get their files printed. I know tons of you do your own at home but I am not up to the headache of it all yet. I have seen the quality from Snapfish and Shutterfly and have honestly NOT been impressed. I prefer Kodak Royal Paper (which I get at Adorama). It seems like to upload to the site I am trying to find you have to have a sales tax number, but I could be wrong. Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I use snapfish for my 4x6 and 5x7 anything bigger I use ezprints.com.
I had a 20x30 done there off of a 6MP file and loved it.

I've never used an online printer. I'd like to hear other's success/failure stories and some opinions.

Does anyone not think this is a good idea? Why?

Daniel

I've had some prints done at shutterfly that turned out okay. There was a lot excess noise in the nightime prints I had done, or at least I though there was.

Lately I've just been taking my stuff up to the local CVS and using the Kodak thing a mig they've got there. Thos e prints have been better and to me are about the same quality as taking them to those types of places to get film developed.

Just my 3.14 cents though.

I just go to Walmart and get it done there. 25 cents Canadian for 4X6's, 97 cents canadian for 5X7's, something like $3 for 8X10's, etc. And its printed on kodak paper, im not sure what level, im to lazy to go into the other room and get my photo album/portfolio to check. :0)

I did get prints from future photo, a sub company of future shop, a Canadian computer store, which I uploaded over the net and picked up in store or could have mailed to my house *cheaper to pick up in store*, but they are more expensive than walmart and walmart does a good job and are in my town so that works. :0).

Look at http://whcc.com.

They have really good prices, which include shipping.

They do require a $12 minimum per order.

I haven't tried them yet, but have heard good things about them.

I use costco with a color profile from the local printers. Cant beat the price or the time it takes to do it. Good quality.

drycreekphoto.com to get your local printer color profile for Photoshop

Most reactions

New Topics

Back