Where the civilization begins

alik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I've made the following photo (code name "Where the civilization begins") in Italy this weekend. I'd love to hear your constructive critiques (idea, colors, ...). Thanks.

P1030526d.jpg

Technical details:
Panasonic DMC-FZ7
ISO 80
F 5.6
Exp 1/200

Postprocessing:
Brightness -20
Contrast +16

Altho color, focus and DOF are acceptable the subject and composition have not anything to hold my attention. I don't get any feelings from the rails (without ties). Rails imply movement, to or from, and there is no sense of that here.

Perhaps it is the high angle perspective that kills the shot for me. Also, why no railroad ties? That is the first step not rails.

Sorry, this is a non-starter for me.

I know what you were TRYING To show, but I don't get the feeling I'd like here... The green patch is throwing me off. I would've rather seen either a REALLY low angle, down the rest of the rail, or a really high level showing the symmetry of the rails....

I agree, the green patch of grass throws the pictures off a little. Great IDEA about the theme of the pic. but execution is a little off....the angle is def. a detriment to it....a longer lower view of maybe the length of the track in site starting at the beginning...or maybe even..something not that close at all, back away about 30 feet and get the full view, then the grass wouldn't be an eye sore...good start, and again the idea works!

Hi all,

thanks for your feedback. Even you are not very satisfied with the execution, I appreciate it. Yes, the theme was supposed to be the main motor of this shot. However, I will definitely try to make it better next time. I'm still learning, as in everything.

Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back