where the reflection ends

afoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i always find it interesting when photographing water to see where the reflection ends and you'r able to see into the water instead.
this is a shoot i took a week or so ago just before/after a big storm. (in the 20 minutes it wasn't pouring rain)
c&c please! i like the transition of reflection to murky water, though i can't decide if the hint of green grass the left corner is distracting or a nice addition.

reflections end by abbye dahl, on Flickr

Given the name, I think it adds to it. :thumbsup:

Good stuff as always, afoto, good stuff! :D Which filter are you using?

Given the name, I think it adds to it. :thumbsup:

Good stuff as always, afoto, good stuff! :D Which filter are you using?

thanks compaq! for this shot i had a 10 stop filter, as well as a lee soft 0.9 grad on the sky, and oddly enough a lee 0.3 soft grad upside down because the reflection was so close to the brightness of the sky. (i could have used just the 0.6 on the sky, but wanted to lengthen the exposure to as long as possible, hence the double filter)

Nice! I really really want an ND filter myself. Like, really really do. Just seeing what you're coming up with, just makes me want it more.

There are rumors, it costs money :p

Another nicely composed and well thought out image. Where the relfection ends you can see clearly into the water down to the bottom on the left, but unfortunately on the right side it's just a brown blurr. If only that area was as clear as on the left side.

Compaq, I carry a few ND filters with me, but never seem to use them as I've found HDR imaging a great alternative.

HDR won't blur water midday, though. If you're not using them, feel free to send them to me ;)

HDR won't blur water midday, though. If you're not using them, feel free to send them to me ;)

yes, I know. Even though I'm surrounded by water, I rarely shoot ocean scenics other then the rare sunset.

thanks guys, as to compaq and joel's comments, i often have to go out with the idea that i'll be using my filters, or else yes, they often get forgotten in the bottom of the bag :p

I'm much the same way, afoto :) Not that I have any filters, but I usually know what I'm going to shoot when I go out. Extremely rare for me to just go on random walks and shoot whatever crosses my camera!

Most reactions

Back