Where to buy a replacement LCD screen

1967 BGT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hoping for some help. I have a Panasonic FZ8 camera. I have cracked the LCD screen. Everthing else works just fine and I can still use all functions of the camera. Photos are uneffected. I have opened the camera up and it is just a couple of ribbon cables that connect the screen to the chip board. However, I am having problems finding any UK places that will sell me parts. Plenty of places will repair it for me, but I don't see the point in paying for someone else to repair such a trivial thing. Does anyone know somewhere that may sell me the part I need so I can do this repair myself?

Thanks
Iain

I asked about this a while ago too. Sending it in is probably going to be your only option.

Not sure about Panasonic, but I couldn't find anyone that sold replacement parts for Canon. I have two cameras with broken LCDs. One is too cheap to bother replacing, the other I would like to get fixed eventually, but it doesn't really bother me that much so I'm not in any rush.

Good luck finding a supplier. If you do find one, let us know.

Hi BGT, welcome to the forum! I'm afraid that it would cost more than the camera is worth to have it repaired.

Do the best you can with it and save for another one. Or just go and get one if you've got the scratch!

This site is a wealth of information if you just use the search.

btw, I have an '80 B that I drive daily. :cheers:

Still getting nowhere with sourcing a screen. I have been scouring eBay for a spares/repairs one as that may be a reasonably cheap source.

However, I have been quoted £76 including VAT and return postage to have it repaired by a shop. So I may just send it off. You can get the FZ8 for £150 new now, but as it all works perfectly and has not been heavily used I reckon I am as well to pay half the cost and just have the screen repaired. I'll wait a week or two in case I can get one from eBay and pinch the screen, but otherwise I will send it off.

Thanks for the comments,
Iain

After months of using just the view finder I have finally repaired the camera. I eventualy found a chap on eBay in the US selling the LCD. Unfortunately this was after the punds collapse against the dollar! So the cost, including shipping was £60. It would have been more like £40 6 months ago if they had been available then! The repair was easy to do yourself, the only tricky part being reconnecting the ribbon cable to the main board in the camera. Work fine again, so still a lower cost option than sending for repair in the UK.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back