Where to buy cheap (but good) camera parts...

PineappleDood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im wondering where I can get a new lens for my nikon d3100. I have a local camera shop here but its super expensive. im wanting to find out a good, reliable website I can get a new lens from. the lens I want is a Nikon 55-200mm vr 4-5.6g. and the pricing is $330/$250. right now I have a Nikon 18-55mm vr 3.5 to 5.6g. got it with the camera. also im looking to get a tripod. preferably a taller, sturdy one.
thanks.

You have your local stores

Then you have online stores such as Adorama.com Mpex.com Midwest Camera, B&H, and the list goes on

then you have the eBay.com

Also check the vendor part of the website Supporting Vendors

If you need new, Adorama is my favorite. Give them a try. However, I recommend not buying big ticket items new. EBay has a good used market. Scour the listings until you find just the right one. Of course it takes some experience and knowledge to shop eBay safely, but it's a great place for used stuff. Adorama sells Flashpoint carbon fiber tripods, which is their brand, and they are plenty good at a fraction of the cost of name brand stuff. It's not always about name brand, but when it comes to critical stuff like cameras, lenses and lights, then I stay name brand.

Most reactions

Back