Where to buy D7000?

infowarrior45

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I have decided to buy the Nikon D7000, and I am wondering if I should go ahead and buy one now, or if there might be some good sales coming up within about a month (say Memorial Day)? I do not have an urgent need of the camera, but I would like it soon. Currently, I can get the D7000 and the kit lens for $1,469 from Ryther Camera (D7000 w/18-105VR kit lens). Does anyone know if this is a good place to get it?

Also, would it be worth saving a little money on the body or an extra lens by buying on eBay, or should I stick to a real camera store? Some people offer the original receipts for warranty purposes, but I'm not sure if that works. I am planning on getting the Nikorr 70-300mm AF-S VR, and I could save maybe $100 on eBay for a NIB model.

Thanks!

There will be no significant sales until Black Friday in November.

You can check online retail outlets reputations at RytherCamera - rythercamera.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

Looks like $1469 is a little lower than the going prices elsewhere.

Camera maker warranties only apply to the original owners. Using someone else's receipt to attempt to have warranty work done on used gear you bought from a private seller, would be fraud.

Many people register their gear, by serial number, online, and the camera maker would know you were not the original owner, original receipt or not.

Great choice of camera, I have one and I absolutely love it. Good luck trying to find a good deal though, as of right now they are a hot buy and I dont think any kind of sale is coming up soon. Ebay would be your best bet.

I got mine from adorama.com in January. I like adorama because they offer no-hassle returns for 30 days. Maybe Buyer's remorse, Too much camera, $1500 and my pictures still suck :greenpbl: ... Maybe a defect or blemish and a refund would suit you better than a warranty hassle. Just saying, but a 30 day window feels good.

Last edited:
I ordered my D7000 kit from Crutchfield (it will arrive this coming Monday and I can't hardly wait). The price was $1,499.99 but I got the benefit of obtaining Crutchfield gift cards though my place of work with an additional 11% discount. The price for the kit is around the same everywere, the corporate discount is the only reason I got it thorugh Crutchfield.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back