Where to buy film?

Vinnie90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The price of film is starting to get to me. Where is the best place to buy 120 size film and 35 mm from?

Thanks

In the USA: Freestyle

freestylephoto.biz sells their own re-branded B&W film called Arista Premium. Some say it is just re-branded TMax but I don't know. Anyways it is dirt cheap but excellent in image quality. I am very satisfied with this film. ISO 100 36 exp is just $1.99 and ISO 400 36 exp is just $1.99 too. They also sell the Kodak and Fuji line of films as well as 3-5 other foreign brands too.

freestylephoto.biz sells their own re-branded B&W film called Arista Premium. Some say it is just re-branded TMax but I don't know. Anyways it is dirt cheap but excellent in image quality. I am very satisfied with this film. ISO 100 36 exp is just $1.99 and ISO 400 36 exp is just $1.99 too. They also sell the Kodak and Fuji line of films as well as 3-5 other foreign brands too.

Arista Premium 400 is purportedly Tri-X (TX400, not the TXP320, which I don't think exists in 35mm anyway), while the "100" is believed to be Plus-X 125. You can grill the Freestyle people all day, but all they'll tell you is "It's made in the USA and you should develop it like TX/PX."

I just threw in five rolls of the 100 to get me over the $25 minimum because I was out of fixer. Too bad the shop downtown doesn't sell the hippy-dippy Silvergrain chemistry. I hate waiting for it.

But yeah, go with Freestyle. Great prices, great service, and they sure know their film stuff better than B&H or Adorama.

+ one here for Freestyle. Always been happy with their delivery, prices and choices. They also have a whole page (on their web site) dedicated to developing times for all films available.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back