Where to buy Konica-Minolta DSLRs?

Don Simon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm giving serious thought to buying a KM DSLR despite the company dropping out of the photo business, however I have a bit of a problem in that I can't seem to find them... anywhere! In the shops where a few months ago I was playing around with a 5D there's now no evidence that they ever existed; the same goes for online sellers. The only websites I can find selling them are doing so at the original retail price. I know people were trying to sell them off cheap after the news about KM broke, but surely they can't all have been bought?

P.s. I'm watching auctions on that website, but used 5Ds are sometimes actually going for more than their original retail price... does anyone know where I could get one at a decent price in (or delivered to) the UK? Thanks!

My guess is that Sony had them all pulled from the shops. Or maybe collectors went crazy and bought them all. Why not get a Sony Alpha? Supposedly it was designed by Minolta and just re-branded when Sony Swooped in.

The Sony looks kinda interesting, but I'm kinda put off by the extra cost and the maximum ISO of 1600 compared to the 5D or 7D's 3200. I hope Sony didn't have them pulled because it doesn't seem right that people shouldn't be able to buy them just for marketing reasons, and if they did pull them I'd like to know which warehouse I can steal them from :mrgreen:.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back