Where to buy...

Lavarocker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone tell me if this store is a good place to buy a camera? I am reasearching Nikkon d70 cameras and they by far have the lowenst price- low by two hundered dollars compared to RitZ!!!

What is the catch?

usaphotonation.com
thanks

Welcome to the forum Lava.

I've never used that site you mentioned but the prices seem too good to be true. And that may mean they are.
Some unscrupulous dealers will take your order then tell you the camera is out of stock. They'll also tell you it doesn't come with a battery, strap, caps, or anything else they can sell to you. They'll then give you the hard sell on buying those items or even upgrading them and bear in mind, these guys already have your credit card number or money.

I'd steer clear of any place you can't get a personal recommendation for. You may got one for that store here - time will tell.
I'd definitely receommend B&H. I've used them several times from the UK and can't fault them. I've been in their store a few times too.
Many members here will also recommend Adorama although I've never used them. I've also heard KEH.com getting a good mention but again, I've never used them.

When paying lots of money it's better to be sure of where it's going. The 3 I've mentioned would i'm sure be fine. But I'm not sure about the one you suggested.

There are ALOT of scams out there on the internet selling cameras. I usually check resellerratings prior or stick to reputable dealers (bh, adorama, etc). There isn't much moving room in regards to pricing for camera bodies so when a seller undersells BH or adorama by a few hundred it is most likely a scam.

btw...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/USA_Photo_Nation

steer clear.

Selling it $200 below others would be selling it below cost. Ask yourself why they would be selling below cost.

I thought the D70 was going away. Replaced by the D80. I can't find the D70 on Ritz website. So usaphotonation.com may be trying to get rid of them.

thanks a lot!!! You are right, you get what you pay for!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back