Where to Develop Digital.

Sarah Elizabeth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Usually film is taken to Walmart or some sort of fast devolping place to do so. I feel funny taking my digital photos to these sorts of places to get great quality prints. Or should I feel wonderful about it?
I am somewhat lost as far as developing goes. I have printed photos from walmart but for portfolio purposes what is the most professional way to do so?

it's the same as taking in your film basically....but to get professional prints you usually would go through a printing company not a mini-lab. Look online for them.

Great questions!! ....I was just about to ask these questions as well LOL!!!

Thanks!!!

:O)

also you could try ritzpix.com

they are local printing labs, and you may pick up in one hour, even enlargments. outside of the area they will deliver,

i find this a good place because they make it easier for the less knowledge able people. They will read your picture and let you know if it can be made anything bigger than a 4x6, 5x7 or 8x10 with out showing individual pixels.

also it will tell you what sizes are recommended in luster, matte or gloss before you ever submit your order.

anyone in the UK should try www.photobox.co.uk quick and quality, ive never had a problem with them

You might call this nitpicking, but 'developing' of digital photos is done inside the camera (if you shoot jpg) or your computer (if you shoot raw). The photo lab simply prints your 'developed' photos. Sorry to seem pedantic, but accurate use of terms will help you in the future by avoiding confusion.

I work at Sam's Club, and they have just upgraded their machines and are now able to print up to a 20x30 print. I have used them for about 5 prints, and they came out quite nice. Also.....you get them in about 15mins, and for $2.54 for an 11x14 the price is right.

Most reactions

Back