Where to find a cheap telephoto zoom lens for my Nikon (read description 4 more info)

CamCracker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My camera is a Nikon D3000. It doesn't have a built in motor, so I'll need a lens with a built in motor.

I'm looking for a lens with similar focal lengths as these: 55-200mm, 75-300mm, etc.

It needs to have vibration reduction, image stabilization, etc, so my photos don't blur and also auto and manual focus.

I just sold my 55-200mm nikon (non vr, so I could purchase a lens with vr) and I have $120 total...

where can I find a lens with these features mentioned above under $120 that will work with my nikon d3000 (built in motor, long zoom (example: 55-200mm) auto and manual focus and with vibration reduction or something similar?)

I don't care if it's used, refurbished, new, whatever, Just as long as it works and it has no damage (scratches on glass, dents, no auto focus)

Thank you all and have a nice day!

Im pretty sure you wont find anything decent for that price

I would just like options, decent or not, thank you for your post, i appreciate it. do you mind showing me some lenses for that price?

<snip>...where can I find a lens with these features mentioned above under $120 that will work.... <snip>

Surely you jest.

A bit of research before hand would not have left you in this predicament.

Just checked bhphotovideo. They have a 70-300mm for 135, but no autofocus or vr.

you might have to at least double that 120 mark to find anything noteworthy. otherwise you are just going to get the same lens you just sold.

The lens I'm wanting is the VR version of the Nikon 55-200mm lens. On ebay and other sites, I see it for $150 (and around that) but I don't have $150, I have $120, I was wondering if there was a site that sells the VR 55-200mm for $120 and under? I need a telephoto as I don't own one anymore and I need to have one soon. Let me know. Thanks to all who help.

Yep picked up my 55-200vr used on craigslist for $125 used last year. But used price has gone up to around the $140-$180 range.

Also you could put up WTB: 55-200vr on craigslist as have gotten a few items like that that weren't listed at the time. Also be sure to check craigslist : Electronics section and search on nikon. As many there don't even realize their is a Photo/Video section.

And just because $120 is all you got doesn't mean there is something out there for you. Do your research First before Selling & Buying and saving for them.

You'll have to check out the "we sell stuff for below market value because you only have so much money" store. Seriously though, you could watch ebay or other sites like that. But as for actual stores with list prices that low, I think you're out of luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back