Where to find digital mats/overlays/frames?

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by neonsky, May 20, 2009.

  1. neonsky

    neonsky TPF Noob!

    Nov 20, 2008
    Likes Received:
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I would like to find some simple elegant graphics that I can use as overlays, embellishments or frames (are they sometimes called Mats?) over my digital photos. They would have to be ok to use commercially. I use photoshop so I guess PSD format.
    Can anyone recommend any sites where i could get/buy this sort of thing? I'm not even sure what search terms I should be using in google to find what i am looking for!

  2. ann

    ann No longer a newbie, moving up!

    May 14, 2007
    Likes Received:
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit

    do you mean, adding a frame or embellisment on the image itself , or mounting an image on a backboard with a matt board (called a window) to protect the image from the glass and makes a lovely presentation as well?

    if your looking for a plug in to add to the image, try photoframe from onone software; or google sloppy borders.

    if you are looking to buy 'windows' try light impressions or american frame. Even Dick Blick or other art supply houses carry mounting and matting supplies.

Share This Page