Where to find (not buy) photo scanner

cal_gundert05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's the deal. This Thanksgiving break I want to digitize all of my family's old pictures so that each child, parent (who are divorced) as well as grandparents and extended family can have a copy.

But there are a lot of photos (better too many than too few, right), and we only have a flatbed scanner that's maybe 6 years old. I'D LIKE TO USE A PHOTO SCANNER (the type that processes a pile of photos one at a time) TO EXPEDITE THE PROCESS. ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN FIND ONE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC (preferable for free)?

I've searched the local library and university's websites, but haven't turned up anything. Thanks for your help.

Never heard of one that can be used for free. Except for maybe a student computer lab at a school. If you have a lot of pictures and pay to have it done. You can probably pay for a scanner several times over. You may not have the time thought. I am guessing you do if you are looking for one at a library and such. There are several good scanners available that are realitivily inexpensive.

Microtek ScanMaker s400 Flatbed Scanner $111 from Amazon.com delivered! It has some very good specifications for the price. I have not used it. But I bet its more than enough for what you want to do. And would be way cheaper than paying for it. Unless you find a friend that will let you borrow one, I don't see you finding one to use for free.

Sorry, I don't have any other idea than to buy a lower priced unit.

Most reactions

Back