Where to get an affordable photoshop?

charlie76

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys!! So I got a new computer...a really nice Dell...I have old photoshop on my only Windows XP machine. This new one I got with Windows 7. So where in the world can I get photoshop without paying a fortune...this is crazy!! I've been looking online but there is no straight answer. I thought I'd ask the pros. Help please!!

You might consider the monthly subscription.

Photoshop and Lightroom are the photographic industry standard post processing applications but they cost a lot of money. Thats why I dont own them. There are multiple alternatives.

23 Alternatives to Photoshop in 2014

Last edited:
You need to go to the Super-Secret Camera Store that Sells Brand-Name Gear at 80% off Every Day.
BTW, the Super-Secret Camera Store that Sells Brand-Name Gear at 80% off Every Day is located at the Greyhound Bus station, through the lobby, past the Men's Room, third door along. Sign on the door states, "Electrical Room". Knock three times, pause for two seconds, then cough twice. Bruno or Vinny will let you in. Tell them "Carlos the Cutter" sent you.

GIMP is a bit cumbersome but it's freeware. Pixelmator's upgrade is impressive and it's pretty darn cheap. Or...if you're a student somewhere, you can get a student discount for PS.

Best method is to sign up on Adobe for the monthly subscription, which is the only way that they are currently selling the newest version of Photoshop. It runs offline, but will want to phone home once a month to make sure you've paid to continue using it.

You need to go to the Super-Secret Camera Store that Sells Brand-Name Gear at 80% off Every Day.
BTW, the Super-Secret Camera Store that Sells Brand-Name Gear at 80% off Every Day is located at the Greyhound Bus station, through the lobby, past the Men's Room, third door along. Sign on the door states, "Electrical Room". Knock three times, pause for two seconds, then cough twice. Bruno or Vinny will let you in. Tell them "Carlos the Cutter" sent you.

Pro tip - don't do this on a Wednesday, a Thursday, the second Sunday of any Month, the third day of a full moon nor 3 days after a half moon - The Super Secret Camera Store also doubles as Mishel's Mysterious Mysteries club on those days. (I've no idea what happens in there, all I know is that there are handcuffs, leather whips and an assortment of oddly shaped objects in Mish's carrying case that she takes to it).

I don't think Adobe supports any update for any full packaged PS anymore so the monthly subscription is the way to go.

Back in the day we would get a very nice price buying it on eBay. And if you have CS4-CS6, you can likely dodge the lifetime monthly lock-in for a few years..

You can legally download cs2 photoshop
Only if you have a valid license key.
In other words, only if you previously bought a legal copy of Photoshop CS 2.

No, You Can't Download Adobe CS2 Applications For Free - Forbes

But it do say it's free...

If you have a digital creative streak but your budget doesn’t extend far enough to buy Adobe’s Creative Suite applications, this is for you. Adobe have made available an array of applications from its Creative Suite 2 bundle — for free.

Along with the ever-popular Photoshop CS2 are applications such as Premiere Pro CS2, InDesign CS2, and Illustrator CS2. If you want the whole bundle, the entire Creative Suite 2 is also available for download.
CS2 is not new by any standards — it was first released in April 2005 — but it’s still a fantastic offer and capable of some serious work. And when the cost is just the time it takes to download it, it’s a real bargain.

Most reactions

Back