Where to get RAWs for edit practice

Affinity Photo is great for editing RGB image files -- a clear best choice -- however, Affinity Photo may be the single worst raw file processing software available.

Joe
noooo don't say that! I just purchased it an hour ago

Go out and shoot some pictures! That's the best way to get raw photos :p

But if you insist on getting others raw pictures, Jared Polin, the photographer some hate or some love, he always has some raw photos on his website for others to edit. JARED POLINNN froknowsphoto.com

Thanks, and with the other half working late and a young child to look after finding the time is pretty hard and arranging models is even harder since I can't commit to availability right now.

I have managed to pick up a few RAWs from Model Mayhem so I've got plenty to play with although I am finding that there's nothing quite like working with your own shots. Affinity however has been fantastic, I haven't used PS since getting it.

Trev

Thanks, and with the other half working late and a young child to look after finding the time is pretty hard and arranging models is even harder since I can't commit to availability right now.

I have managed to pick up a few RAWs from Model Mayhem so I've got plenty to play with although I am finding that there's nothing quite like working with your own shots. Affinity however has been fantastic, I haven't used PS since getting it.

Trev
If you havent used Lightroom yet to edit your photos, I recommend it! Its so easy to use, and the results are great when you see all the things you can do to a photo.

I've been using lightroom for years. It is very good but I'm heading down the more creative route which requires Photoshop or Affinity. Affinity just means no more subscription payments (when my subscription finally ends).

Trev

I've been using lightroom for years. It is very good but I'm heading down the more creative route which requires Photoshop or Affinity. Affinity just means no more subscription payments (when my subscription finally ends).

Trev
That is one of the downsides to Adobe, you have to pay for a monthly subscription :chargrined:

Most reactions

Back