Where to shoot a Steam Engine ??

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have always loved vintage steam engines, but have never had an occasion to take any photographs of them in action.. (Not in museums) - I live in Southern Idaho .. does anyone know of some active steam engines running within a reasonable distance, (Couple hundred miles?) There sure haven't been any around here for a long time..

THIS looks interesting .... and only a couple of hours away.... $450 for the weekend.. Photo Shoots 2009

Union Pacific operates their 8444 steam engine on several trips per year. The one I am familiar with is an annual trip from Cheyenne to Denver and back once a year. A couple of museum organization have mainline operable locomotives in the midwest and south, but host railroad restrictions (insurance/liability) limits these trips to 'very irregular'. There's also a fairly long tourist operation in southern Connecticut that runs every weekend. And don't miss Cass WV if you're ever out east.

Your best bet to finding out when and where is to follow a couple of railfan websites such as www.trainorders.com or www.railroad.net. The info is out there, it's just a matter of patiently tracking it down.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back