Where's the challenge? Where's the creativity?

Capture Images That Capture U?

• Security

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lust

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahan (BK PhotoG)

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's a natural fact that curiosity holds dominion over the human mind. So why is it that most photographers (pros and hobbyist) find their selves capturing images of pets, nature, and sunsets???

When in today's society there are more important issues that needs to be addressed!

I'm curious as to why this is in the 'Medium Format & Large Format' (film) section of the forum. :er:

1. I shoot w/ Hasselblad 500C
2. In the past 1/2 hour that I've been checking out this entire forum it is the only topic that hasn't been addressed.
3. Also images of pets, nature, and sunsets aren't that interesting nor thought provoking.

So I hope that bit of information was informative.

No, images of nature are emotion and mood provoking, as are other kinds of photography. Surely there is nothing wrong with that?

that isn't my experience, altho, on occasion i do take a photo of my cat .

It's a natural fact that curiosity holds dominion over the human mind. So why is it that most photographers (pros and hobbyist) find their selves capturing images of pets, nature, and sunsets???

When in today's society there are more important issues that needs to be addressed!

Maybe not everybody has a political agenda and just likes pictures of their pets, nature, and sunsets?

and I have to add, I don't understand your poll...

You need a third choice - "None of the Above"

Perhaps people's photos of their pet or a particular sunset has as much personal interest and passion to them as those that you hold dear.

Rahan, you sound like a photo snob. There are many type of photography. Everyone is not a photojournalist.

Anyway, what's wrong with nature and landscapes? These type of photos can evoke beauty, lonliness, appreciation of the environment, divinity, humor, etc.

If any photo I take can cause an emotional reaction in the viewer, then I think I've done my job. Even if it's a picture of a sunset.

Sorry if my post came across as snotty. That wasn't my intention.

While it's easier to judge the quality of a photograph, it's much more problematic to judge the validity of the content of a photo. To each his own.

Only abstract photography is usually unspoilt by agenda and hidden or obvious messages. It is pure art, and as such it is superior to photography which addresses worldly issues and to photography showing pets, nature, sunsets.

... just being provocative here :p

this is a funny thread .... the poll is absolutely useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back