Where's the Fire?

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Antique fire truck. Comments welcome.

DSC_0013_284bwLarge.jpg

The style of this photo -- black and white, composition in general -- does give a very old feel. Is the light pattern at the top right coming from a light source, or a reflection?

NIce shot, but I would like to have seen more of the truck.

Kinda thinkin colour with bright red!

The style of this photo -- black and white, composition in general -- does give a very old feel. Is the light pattern at the top right coming from a light source, or a reflection?

Thanks. I had a reflector rear left, as the truck was facing the front of the fire station, and there was very bright sunlight coming in the windows of the closed doors.

NIce shot, but I would like to have seen more of the truck.

Kinda thinkin colour with bright red!

Thanks. The reason I decided to do a black & white is that this truck is from the late 19teens, and it's just sitting rotting away in an abandoned fire station. The paint isn't bright red anymore, and it doesn't look good at all.

Here's the original:

DSC_0013_284Large.jpg

And here's some more of the truck:

DSC_0010_281Large.jpg

DSC_0011_282Large.jpg

DSC_0015_286Large.jpg

DSC_0016_287Large.jpg

On the 3rd pic I see the front of another truck, by any chance, there is another one behind it?????????????

On the 3rd pic I see the front of another truck, by any chance, there is another one behind it?????????????

You're very perceptive! Yes, you're right! There are two gorgeous, functional trucks sitting in this abandoned fire station. It was abandoned in 1981, but was used a little bit by the, "Wire Inspector," who has now also abandoned it...

Here's a shot of both trucks..

GardnerFD026Large.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!!!! That's history been deteriorating, I wonder why the city hasn't rebuild those trucks to put them in a museum.

Definitely parade-worthy trucks, but no takers.. The station and its contents are for sale..

This station actually has horse stalls from when the fire brigade used to have horses.. The latch mechanixm would automatically unlatch the doors, and the horses were trained to go out to stand under their harnesses that were hanging above them from the pictured harness mounts..

Here is a shot of the horse stall doors with the automatic latches:

DSC_0022_293.jpg

And here are the harness mounts..still in place:

GardnerFD020.jpg

Most reactions

Back