voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't know what kind of crack I was smoking when I took this shot, but it was way tilted. Had to correct that in photoshop. I think it still works but would have loved to have the entire wide angle. Plus malachite was snapping away... The light was at it's moment so I couldn't wait for him to move..

whereswaldo.jpg

Crack? :lmao: Looks pretty damned good to me. I'd like to se it with a bit cropped off of the bottom. I can't figure out if I like all of the foreground or not.

Awesome photo! I like the colors and composition, but I'd cut a bit of the bottom

I think it's a great picture, agree with the others that perhaps a tad off the bottom would make it even stronger.

i like it cropped as-is
i think with a tighter crop, it might look too busy, it's nice to have the calmer empty space at the bottom
and this crop sets a balance between where your attention goes, to the meadow or to the skyline. if it were higher, i think the skyline would dominate the rest.
just my 2cents
gj voods

Next time, tell Malachite to throw his body over a cactus and lie flat till you're done.... :p Either that, or remove his shirt. That blue is distracting.

Since you're editing this, why not just stamp him out completely? I like the crop as is, but unfortunately the nice foreground is leading your eye right into that bright blue spot. Stamp the intruder!

I see three fantastic images in this shot.
1st image is if an 8x10 aspect ratio is outcropped from the bottom
2nd image is if an 8x10 aspect ratio is outcropped from the top
3rd image is if it is left intact the way currently exists.
I like the content. I like the exposure control. I like the composition. I like the contrast and saturation.

I sure that photo is digital, and I don't know much about them, but can you give info about settings, filters, how much photoshop was done, etc?

Algoessailing said:
I sure that photo is digital, and I don't know much about them, but can you give info about settings, filters, how much photoshop was done, etc?
Sure... On camera there is a B+W slim polarizer. This was shot in RAW and I processed it in Nikon Capture 4.1. I actually overexposed this slightly without losing highlight detail and "pulled" it in Capture. I then opened it as a 16-bit file in Photoshop. Corrected the tilt by using the measure tool (you can see a tutorial in the photoshop tips thread). I used curves to bump up the contrast ever so slightly. And increased saturation a bit. Both were done as a adjustment layer. Using a layer mask I removed the effect of the higher saturation on the sky. I don't really like the way it changes blues when increasing saturation. I use no in-camera sharpening due to the halos. I created a duplicate of background and changed the blending mode to hard light. Then I used the high-pass filter with a setting of 10. It's a new technique for sharpening I learned and it works pretty well. No halos! I then merged the layers and applied a final unsharp mask with value of 40/4/0. Resized and posted.

You wanted an explanation :lol: It may sound like a lot, but it took maybe 5 minutes from start to finish. Much less work than slide scanning.

I like this one alot! Very nice as it is. I would be interested in seeing further croping but personally I don't think it needs it.

I think the composition is wonderful, if anything I'd probably like the little extra that you lost leveling the image. Some of your best stuff yet.

Most reactions

Back