Which business card design?

Well is that tilt intentional? Maybe it's because I'm a Drafter/Designer but slightly tilted shots bother me. I like to see things parallel and perpendicular...except when the tilt is pronounced and obviously intentional.

Christie Photo said:
Well.... close, anyway. It looks (to me) more "commercial" than "consumer." I know you're going for a "graphic" feel, but I think you should look at some others too. Maybe forget the reverse printing. You can loose some of the fine lines anyway with this sort of thing.

Pete

Reverse printing? What do you mean?

Big Mike said:
Well is that tilt intentional? Maybe it's because I'm a Drafter/Designer but slightly tilted shots bother me. I like to see things parallel and perpendicular...except when the tilt is pronounced and obviously intentional.

I hadn't noticed the tilt..i'll check that out. Your talking about on the photo right? Thanks.

bethany138 said:
I hadn't noticed the tilt..i'll check that out. Your talking about on the photo right? Thanks.

Yes, the photo. What really stands out to me is the floor in comparison to the bottom frame...and the window in the centre/top of the image.

watch it with the gradients, as they are hard to reproduce well. if you have one, be sure to check out some samples first.

Have you explored a landscape card? I think that you could do some good things with a wider format.

I just don't like landscape for some reason..lol.. to common. I have always used portrait cards for my business. I'm not going to use the gradient card... see lower down in posts.

b

Why no to a white card?

Personally, from my limited commercial design experience, the sides of these cards are quite hard/harsh on the eyes...making you not want to spend a lot of time looking at the card. I too noticed the tilt of the photo.

It also seems to me that it's quite a stark image with a lot of sad or bleak overtones to it. Not necessarily what one wants to associate with a wedding?

Loving the logo though! :D

summers_enemy said:
Why no to a white card?

Personally, from my limited commercial design experience, the sides of these cards are quite hard/harsh on the eyes...making you not want to spend a lot of time looking at the card. I too noticed the tilt of the photo.

It also seems to me that it's quite a stark image with a lot of sad or bleak overtones to it. Not necessarily what one wants to associate with a wedding?

Loving the logo though! :D

The sides of these cards? What do you mean? I will work on the tilt though.. I'm glad ya'll caught that before i printed 2000 of them...lol.
b

change the font on the back, you use it on the front and it looks good, using it on the back, makes it seem overused...

i like the design you have come up with... the tilt definitely has to go... consider cropping a touch off the right when you tilt it to improve the symmetry between columns (side of pews). I like black as opposed to white, but it does seem a little dark for weddings... just a thought although i really like your design... :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back