Which Camera & Lens ??

abrewerphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.abrewerphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Sony Alpha a350 now, with the stock lens. I am thinking about purchasing a new camera and didn't know whether to go with a Nikon, or Canon, or just keep my Sony. I love it, but have a few issues with it. ALso, if I keep my Sony....any advice on flashes and lens? I want a lens that can help me with depth of field...........thanks! :)

As for the current Sony camera, what wrong with it? What area you think you are limited by the camera? The camera should be a pretty capable camera.

As for the lenses and flashes, sorry I do not know too much. May need to wait for other members to chime in.

As far as "help in depth of field". Do you mean you want to achieve a subject in focus with background out of focus look?

If that is the case, then

- Use a wider aperture.
- Use a telephoto (longer focal length) lens.
- Position the subject closer to the camera.
- Have the background far away from the subject.

So choose a lens that shoot your need (focal length) and usually a fast lens in which it has a pretty wide max aperture such as F/2.8 or wider (smaller the number)

The only thing I know about Sony is that their lenses are absurdly expensive! That made me turn the other cheek immediately. Though, is it true that you can use minolta lenses?

Both Nikon and Canon are equally good (and I am very familiar with both companies). Their popularity makes the older, decent bodies way cheap and the prices on the new bodies fall like a stone. Lenses are also widely available and often cheap.

The Sony G lenses and Zeiss lenses are as good as any Nikon or Canon lens on the market. The Minolta lenses still around are also excellent and very inexpensive, if you want to go that route.

skieur

Most reactions

New Topics

Back