Which camera???

Nanogeek815

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I'm attending a high school advanced placement photography class and sell digital prints but prefer film by 150% and had a dumb question. I have a minolta maxxum 7000 film camera but personaly do not like the electronic advance, rewind, ect. That leads to my question, what cameras should I look at? I want fully manuel advance and rewind ect, it also needs to be Nikon. I was looking at the Nikon F but was thinking I should try to find somehing cheaper as it was $300. Any ideas?
Thanks,
(Catfish) John

Nikon FM, FE, FM2, FE2, FA, F2 are all excellent.

You can also certainly find a Nikon F for less than $300.

Last edited:
What he said..

FWIW, I own an FE and like it, but I would try to find an F3 if it were going to be my only camera and I were set on manual focus/advance. KEH.com has a few under 300 bucks. Now, if that 300 limit included lenses, then i'd probably go with an FE2 for the slight improvements over the FE.

Last edited:
What he said..

FWIW, I own an FE and like it, but I would try to find an F3 if it were going to be my only camera and I were set on manual focus/advance. KEH.com has a few under 300 bucks. Now, if that 300 limit included lenses, then i'd probably go with an FE2 for the slight improvements over the FE.

I have an FE and F3 and I prefer the FE... the lcd metering info on the F3 makes it harder to read. I prefer the FE's analog meter.

But as long as the LCD screen hasn't faded the F3 is a great camera, mechanically it's amazing--the film advance is so smooth I often have to double check to see if there's film in the camera. ;)

IMO you can't go wrong with an FE, FE2, FM, FA, or F3.

The F and the F2 are more "collector cameras."

Most reactions

Back