Which camera?

rydabyk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Help, which do you consider the best and easiest to use camera if you only had to choose between the Nikon D5000, Nikon D3100 or Canon EOS Rebel T1i?

Thanks!

D3100 by a long shot.

But I like Nikon's layout, you'll probably hear the opposite from Canon shooters.

I really enjoyed shooting the D3100 when I was looking for a smaller 'travel' camera though.

All of them. Simultaneously.

I'd say the Nikon D3100. Its predecessor is the nikon D3000 which is the perfect DSLR camera for newbies, so the D3100 obviously includes the Guide mode but also some other amazing features which makes it usable for not only begginers.

All the entry level DSLRs are going to be pretty user friendly. I have the Nikon D3100 and it has been easy to figure out.

Edit: That Canon isn't a DSLR

Last edited:
Pretty much all 3 are equal. Since your major requirements are 'best and easiest' the nuances would be lost on you anyway.

Thanks for your input! Maybe I should have said the best value for your money and the easiest to understand.

Pretty much all 3 are equal. Since your major requirements are 'best and easiest' the nuances would be lost on you anyway.

Thanks for your input! Maybe I should have said the best value for your money and the easiest to understand.
Mine and all the above still applies. There only slight differences (nuances) between the 3 cameras.

Have you used either Canon or Nikon cameras in the past? If so, go with the brand you're more familiar with, all the cameras you suggested are good, although my slight preference would be the Nikon 3100

All of them are very good!
But Canon's interface is more friendly!

I have a Nikon D5000 and I'm very happy with it, but right now, the D3100 is a better choice I think. All three should be easy to use and good to learn.

Nikon has a guide mode on their entry level cameras, basically it explains the selected setting and its effects on the picture by a press of a "?" button, it's useful for beginners.

Hey thanks for all of the replies so far. Right now I'm leaning towards the Nikon. I just need to figure out which one of them. Most of the pictures I capture are landscape type around the beach (Gulf of Mexico) and interesting (to me) places and things I come across on self contained bicycle trips/tours. Since I quit using my old Canon SLR a while back (too heavy to lug around on the bike) I usually just use a point and shoot but for a lot of reasons it's now time to move back to the SLR camera's.

Again, thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

Walt

Most reactions

New Topics

Back