Which Compact Digital Camera To Get?

TommiP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bt-photography.com
Hi there, I have a nikon D50 slr and i am looking to get a compact digital camera to take out with me as the Slr is not the easiest thing to carry round when u want to capture friends, and the funny shots you get when on a night out!!! Just something that can be kept in my pocket.

I looked at the Sony N2 and Sony T50. These seem to have good features and a decent pixel.
Has anyone got any ideas or any advice on what is good, thought i would ask for your opinions.
Thanks for lookin.

If you already have a D50, perhaps consider looking for a compact camera that takes the same SD cards, as the Sony cameras take the Sony Memory Stick and you could save some money that way.

when it comes to compact P&S...i feel that it is really a personal preference......i would choose either canon powershot or sony cybershot...they are both quite good in terms of quality and design.....i'm also looking into getting one for my own to put it in pocket

Thanks for that i will look at the canon one to. Yeah i want a good compact that can go in my pocket as the DSLR is not always practicle to take out.
Thanks again.

I worked my way through most of the Sony Cybershots which did me fine at the time but I had to keep upgrading, although I've not made the big step to a digital SLR yet, my current compact is a Fuji Z2 which has come down in price from £220 ish to around £130 now, its a 5 megapixel, has loads of flash modes for doing creative pictures as well as the bog standard auto flash, I use mine for taking pics in bars and clubs and its doing me proud up to now although I do want to learn some new skills !

i sold cameras at a circuit city for a while and i personally would go with either the Canon powershot SD 600, 630 or Canon SD700 IS.
i disliked sony because of the memory card thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back