Which crop is better?

Primoz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a shot of the glacier beneath the highest mountain of Austria - Grossglockner. Do you prefer the cropped one or the original shot? The original shows more of the landscape, but the cropped one has a nicer "wider" look to me...
Overall C&C appreciated as well =) Thanks!

1)

20120808_190746 by PrimozKovacic, on Flickr

2)

20120808_190746-2 by PrimozKovacic, on Flickr

I like both, a very nice shot indeed.

I think I prefer the wider crop, I'm a sucker for wide crops though lol (widescreen monitors, widescreen tvs, widescreen smartphone... were brainwashed!) lol

I think the wide crop still shows enough of the foreground to show viewers enough of the image and what you were trying to show.

I vote wide :)

This is a great pic. Number 1 is much better, it has more of a trail, so it helps the compositional value as it leads my eyes towards the mountains

Image #1 is the better. The proportions are better, you've got areas of interest at approximately the "thirds" divisions, and the foreground area of the glacier leads the eye into the frame.

I'm the minority....I like the second....just grabs me more than the 1st.

My mother was visiting Austria this past spring....I do believe she was going to (try to) climb that mountain!!! :O)

Both are great but for some reason, I like the second one better!

I prefer 1... The glacial flow is the important element and I think it is lost in 2. I also like the diagnol line of the receding glacier in 1, as opposed to the more verticle line in 2...

#2 Earth/Sky ratio is more balanced.

Yup, that's the best way I can put it too. Both are excellent!

The pano style second image is much better than the first image. Changes the composition and brings out the image.

#1 for me - in number two, it feels like the bottom of the glacier is randomly cut off. In the first, you see the fade out of the brighter areas, giving it a more finished feel to me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back