which crop is better

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a photo that I took of my son at the beach and really liked it.I dont like the other subject in the background though and thought the crop was ok but it still feels like it is not right.Any help with it is appreciated.If you have an idea and want to work on it go ahead and give it a shot,or let me know what you think may look better.
Thanks
#1original edit

DSC03444edit.jpg

#2 crop

DSC03444editcrop.jpg

Since his face is out of focus, I'd say the first one. It makes it "seem" in focus. I'd rather see a shot of him with both arms extended like he was gonna fly away.

I agree. The second one is cute too, but I like the first one. He's still the *main* attraction...Would make a fun scrap book page.

Third option, crop off about 1/6th to 1/5th from the left hand side of the original image. He seems a little too far to the right in either version. The figure in the first version creates a counterpoint, by the way, moving from left to right, to the boy's motion, which is (seemingly) toward the viewer, as well as the curling wave behind him, which is also headed our way. I think that's a strong point to the picture. Anyway, it's not crucial to see the full length of his right arm, since his left is already well out of the frame; and you can cut the left side just enough that he's still nicely off-center, just not as much.

Its a little out of focus and the crop distracts me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back