Which Digital Camera Is better??

misscrosson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm very new to all of this digital photography.. and I really want to get a digital camera that is going to take really amazing pictures... and at a cheap price!

Anyone can give suggestions if you want.... but here's some I found...

• Sony DSCH7 model - $499.99
-8.1 mega pixel Super HAD CCD imager for super digital image quality
-15X optical zoom/30X digital zoom with 76X smart zoom
-10 shooting modes
  • Canon S5 IS - $549.99
-8.0 megapixel CCD model
-12X optical, 4X digital and 48X combined (36-432 mm) zooms
-22 shooting modes

• FujiFilm FinePix S700 - $269
-7.1 megapixel
-10x optical, 4.8X digital
-11 shooting modes

That's just afew.... please do offer more suggestions if you know of better cameras..... my price range is no higher then $600..

harkain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.studioelouisville.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you are serious about photography and only have about $600 to spend, you should get a Digital SLR camera like the Canon Rebel XTi and not some point and shoot.

B & H (www.bhphotovideo.com) has used Rebels bodies for as low as $529. You can get it with a 18-55 lens for as low as $595 (before shipping).

On eBay or pricegrabber, you can probably get it even cheaper.

The Rebel is a good starter camera for someone who wants to become a serious photographer.

sabbath999

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Also, if you don't want to do the whole DSLR thing I would encourage you to look around for a Canon S3 IS instead of the S5. They are VERY similar and the S3 (the slightly older model) is MUCH cheaper.

willia4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Of course, once you get the Rebel for $400, you'll start talking yourself into spending hundreds and then thousands of dollars on lenses. Which are all totally worth it.

:) Just be on your guard! Seriously, if it were me, I'd get a Rebel and the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens and you'll be able to capture some excellent images. Skip the kit lens and save yourself a few dollars.

Crobo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
the G9 isnt bad, but remmeber it is the person behind the camera not the camera itself that takes the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics