Which Digital Camera Is better??

misscrosson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm very new to all of this digital photography.. and I really want to get a digital camera that is going to take really amazing pictures... and at a cheap price!

Anyone can give suggestions if you want.... but here's some I found...

• Sony DSCH7 model - $499.99
-8.1 mega pixel Super HAD CCD imager for super digital image quality
-15X optical zoom/30X digital zoom with 76X smart zoom
-10 shooting modes
  • Canon S5 IS - $549.99
-8.0 megapixel CCD model
-12X optical, 4X digital and 48X combined (36-432 mm) zooms
-22 shooting modes

• FujiFilm FinePix S700 - $269
-7.1 megapixel
-10x optical, 4.8X digital
-11 shooting modes

That's just afew.... please do offer more suggestions if you know of better cameras..... my price range is no higher then $600..

If you are serious about photography and only have about $600 to spend, you should get a Digital SLR camera like the Canon Rebel XTi and not some point and shoot.

B & H (www.bhphotovideo.com) has used Rebels bodies for as low as $529. You can get it with a 18-55 lens for as low as $595 (before shipping).

On eBay or pricegrabber, you can probably get it even cheaper.

The Rebel is a good starter camera for someone who wants to become a serious photographer.

Also, if you don't want to do the whole DSLR thing I would encourage you to look around for a Canon S3 IS instead of the S5. They are VERY similar and the S3 (the slightly older model) is MUCH cheaper.

Of course, once you get the Rebel for $400, you'll start talking yourself into spending hundreds and then thousands of dollars on lenses. Which are all totally worth it.

:) Just be on your guard! Seriously, if it were me, I'd get a Rebel and the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 lens and you'll be able to capture some excellent images. Skip the kit lens and save yourself a few dollars.

the G9 isnt bad, but remmeber it is the person behind the camera not the camera itself that takes the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back