• photoshopped

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hoylesphotography.com
I am in the middle of processing a set of senior photos of a drummer and I can't decide which I like better. The photoshopped version has less distracting features but it seems a little unbalanced to me. What do you think?

1. Untouched.

56601248.jpg

2. Tire tracks and pillars removed.

56765850.jpg

I don't really mind the pillars. I don't think they are that distracting. I guess both of them look fine to me then.
I like the composition!

#2, but i'd remove the two specs of light from the sun.

nice work!

#2, but I agree to remove the sun spots. That should be an easy task considering you did a great job on the pillars!

From a photographer point of view... #2.

From a musician point of view... #1 because I feel like it gives him more depth somehow. It's dirty, it's rock. And the pillars imitate his drum sticks.

JonMikal said:
#2, but i'd remove the two specs of light from the sun.

nice work!

agreed...very cool.... are those marching sticks?

nevermind..i looked again... I can tell they aren't.
(I'm an idiot..but I played on the drum line in High School - Captain actually)

bethany138 said:
agreed...very cool.... are those marching sticks?

nevermind..i looked again... I can tell they aren't.
(I'm an idiot..but I played on the drum line in High School - Captain actually)
You got me on that one. I did not know there was a difference between marching sticks and others. So these are sitting sticks?:lol:

i think the pillars add a certain edge to the shot but it's also cool and clean with the pillars gone putting all focus on the guy so it's a tough call for me.
after much inner debate think I'm goin with the pillar shot but rmove the tracks in that one:D

I definitly like the first better. I like the added interest of the pillars and it does feel more balanced to me. I think the pillars emphasize the line leading into the drummer and are balance by the simimlar lines of the pillars in the water on the other side of him. I think it is a great shot and to me, taking the pillars out takes something away and creates a less visually interesting image. Taking out the tire tracks but leaving the pillars, as JonK suggested, might be nice though.

hmmm I'd leave the piles but I'd remove the shadow from the stick on his t-shirt.

yeah, i like the first too

Most reactions

Back