Which eye do you guys use to look through viewfinder?

lordson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering, i'm right handed

but i tend to look through the viewfinder with my left eye and my right eye closed

which is kinda silly now that i think about it because my right eye has slightly better vision. its just what i've always been doing so its going to be hard to get used to looking with my right eye now these days

which eye do you guys use and which is your dominant hand?

My left eye is dominant. I write, shoot pool, shoot a rifle and brush my teeth left handed. Everything else is right-handed..even a handgun - go figure.

I look with my left eye.

how can you shoot a rifle left handed and then a handgun right handed?

I use the right one.

No, really...the right one! Get it? It's a pun. I'll show myself out now.

(Also this is a palendromic post number. Let's celebrate 4004!)

how can you shoot a rifle left handed and then a handgun right handed?

Yeah, I don't know. To make things even more weird, I still aim using my left eye when I shoot my handgun. I can hit what I shoot at though, so I guess that's what really matters. ;)

I could actually probably shoot the handgun pretty well left handed, but the action is all built for a right-hander. Same with the rifles, but it's easier to keep them pointed safely while fiddling with reversed (to me) actions than a handgun. With that, I just want to flip the safety down and pull the trigger.

Can we say the thread has been officially hi-jacked? I still look through the viewfinder with my left eye. :)

I use whatever eye is workin better that day. I have a hard enough time seeing the settings on my camera, so, whatever works that day is a go for me.:lmao:

I've heard that everyone has a dominant eye...just like everyone is either left or right handed (sure some are ambidextrous, but one is still better than the other).

I think there is a simple test to tell which eye is dominant. Something about holding an object like a pen, out in front of you and focusing on it. Then close one eye, if the object moves, then you closed your dominant eye.

Personally, I'm right dominant and I look with with right eye. This is actually quite lucky for me because my left eye has developed a condition called Keratoconus, which is like an astigmatism that can't be properly corrected with glasses or contact lenses. I can't see clearly out of my left eye.

Left-handed, left eye. It's why I've thought about renaming my blog Nose Grease or something like that... I'm always cleaning the display on the back of my digital cameras.

Oh so which side of the brain does what? I always forget...

having only one eye I tend to use that one

Most reactions

Back