Which falsh trigger should I get?

terry7cook

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have 3 flashes at the moment:
Canon 550EX *2
Yongnuo YN565EX

Now what I want to do is either get a pocket wizard trigger which cost about 900$. (I'm not sure is this just for the transmitter? Or for the receiver as well?)
Or the other option is to get another Yongnuo flash, then get the transmitter+receiver of Yongnuo and all together it will cost something like 150$.

And I thought about this triggers:

Yongnuo if we stick with Yongnuo:
yongnuo trigger | eBay

Pocket Wizard if we are using the 2 canon's:
pocket wizard mini tt1 | eBay

What would you do?
I want this for weddings, so I would use a good recommendation for Manfrotto light stand as well.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
look for the word transceiver........thats both receiver/transmitter

I shoot Nikon but...
i have YN568EX's along with OEM SB600's and SB700's and I use the new yongnuo triggers for all of them. they work great.
you can use the yongnuo triggers on your canon AND yongnuo flashes.
I wrote a small review on the triggers.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ts/338720-yongnuo-yn-622n-trigger-review.html

i have had NO issues at all with the yongnuo triggers, and unless you need the extra channels the PW's offer (52 vs 7) or the extra range (300m vs 100m TTL)
i cant really see any reason to spend that much more on the PW triggers when the yongnuos have worked so well.
the new yongnuo triggers (622's) support TTL. each yongnuo trigger can act as either a trigger OR receiver. (transceiver)

I shoot Nikon but...
i have YN568EX's along with OEM SB600's and SB700's and I use the new yongnuo triggers for all of them. they work great.
you can use the yongnuo triggers on your canon AND yongnuo flashes.
I wrote a small review on the triggers.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ts/338720-yongnuo-yn-622n-trigger-review.html

i have had NO issues at all with the yongnuo triggers, and unless you need the extra channels the PW's offer (52 vs 7) or the extra range (300m vs 100m TTL)
i cant really see any reason to spend that much more on the PW triggers when the yongnuos have worked so well.
the new yongnuo triggers (622's) support TTL. each yongnuo trigger can act as either a trigger OR receiver. (transceiver)

Can you please explain what does this line means? (Took it from Ebay's sales page:

h), Support Single-contact of camera and flash triggering ( the max. Sync. speed is 1/250s )

The fastest shutter speed I can use with it 1/250??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back