Which feels right to you?!

Which feels right?

Votes: 12 63.2%

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I feel dirty.

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
I'm sure he will arise for the occasion and not disappoint. ;)

Sorry to limp in late to the party but all this pressure to perform has left me a bit deflated.

#1 because flowers point up.

I'm sure, if you wrap yourself around it and, after going back and forth a few times, you'll find that one really peaks your interest.

I'll go with the second one - it seems to be more "dominant" of the two.

Neither vertical composition works there for me, because neither presents a balanced movement lines. It all goes down, which nullifies the fallic image. In a horizontal setting we have a nice up and down flow which associates with a waterfall or whatever you wish. It is much more comfortable to the eye in my view.

$9037797510_ec40c35223_z.jpg

Last edited:
I think there are conflicting cues here.

The motion is upwards, in the first one, on the grounds that you start at the in-focus object, and then are led quite strongly from it in a specific direction and around the dark swirl, in both pictures. As Derrel points out, this makes #1 tonally upside down, though.

sashbar may be on to something.

I lean toward #1, though. Upward motion over tone, for me.

I think Sashbar is onto something. I like it horizontal more then I did up or down.

#1 feels best

I like #1 the best because it has an inviting positive visual feel to it. #2 seems to send a negative feeling...at least for me.

Thanks everyone for your thought out responses! I personally just felt dirty looking at either of them. =)

#2. It makes me think more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back