Which film do you recommend?

Great composition on that shot, bhop. Well done.

You can always process your own films as mentioned above, and not just black and white. It is relatively inexpensive (not at start up) and is very rewarding for me anyhow. Color is virtually the same as black and white, just requires more steps/chems/time. But processing your own film is doable.

And wait until you start printing. I do that next week. Can hardly wait for everything to get here so I can trash the downstairs half bath. Much ot the consternation of my wife.

What would be a good color print film?

I guess I'm kind of late here, but I also really like Kodak 400CN. It looks great if you set the ISO dial thing on your camera to 200 instead of 400. The tone is really rich.

I agree with most people

Kodak Porta is by for the best for my money

go HP-5 for B&W

Kodak Porta is by for the best for my money

I haven't shot the NC yet - I find the VC to be a bit too much saturation for my tastes, how is the saturation with NC?

It could just be the photographer, but I've seen some really good shots from fuji superia and reala film developed at my CVS (some of them out of a disposable camera). What's funny is we have all Kodak equipment and the fuji still seems to pop the colors better. I've never seen shots from a roll of Kodak film come out as well. Maybe the good photographers that come to my CVS just happen to use fuji film :???:?

I haven't shot the NC yet - I find the VC to be a bit too much saturation for my tastes, how is the saturation with NC?

I'm the opposite. I prefer the 'pop' of the VC to the more subdued colors of the NC.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back