Which headshot?

Lsatblu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

My sister just had these pictures taken of her and we need help deciding which to order.

Here acting coach picked these three:

2450p5d.jpg
1ta0xt.jpg
142bfvc.jpg

I liked these:

1447ed5.jpg
10fvsly.jpg
xm5nvr.jpg

avr7fm.jpg
v33pf9.jpg
28jxn35.jpg

Please help us decide on one or two. Thanks! (Also note, none have been retouched yet)

You only get to chose one? In all honesty, I prefer her without a smile if you were to only chose 1, which leaves me with only #2 as a choice.
Likes and don't likes of the others:
I like her in the blue more than in the yellow. I find the yellow is too bright and cheery while the blue is a bit more neutral and can suit different things.
8 and 9 have this curl on the side that i really dont like. It just sticks out a bit too much, compared to 7
I also prefer the straight hair over the curly hair
So that being said, I'd go with #4.

I'm an actor too. This process is hard because it's always tough to just choose one.

The way her head is tilted downward in every shot gives off a shy kind of look, so hopefully that's what she's going for. I personally perfer shots where the models face is more upfront.. it would be nice to see more choices. Out of the first three, I'd choose the 3rd shot. Definitely want a full smile for a commercial headshot. there are no good theatrical (tv/movies) headshots that I see posted here.

I think #2 is your winning pic. 5,6, and 9 are missing.

I'm an actor too. This process is hard because it's always tough to just choose one.

The way her head is tilted downward in every shot gives off a shy kind of look, so hopefully that's what she's going for. I personally perfer shots where the models face is more upfront.. it would be nice to see more choices. Out of the first three, I'd choose the 3rd shot. Definitely want a full smile for a commercial headshot. there are no good theatrical (tv/movies) headshots that I see posted here.

Andrew Orth from Vogue took these pictures. Here are two front on pictures:

111tfo8.jpg
23h6auv.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback!

wow I had to look twice because I thought you posted the same picture like 3 times, I guess even the smallest differences can make or break your headshot apparently? haha

anyway I prefer the 3/4 view ones, the straight on ones look a bit awkward. I like the ones with the curls better, but I think one with the curls and no smile would be a winner.

for acting pictures I like the second and third that the coach chose because it shows that she can have a different "look" more versitility. All the pictures are great, she is beautiful

Definatly not the first of the last set (straight on) you posted. She has hair partially covering one of her eyes. And I'm still not a fan of the yellow shirt

I like with less of a smile, personally, so I lean towards 2... but overall I like 7 and 9 the best.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back