which ,if any, is the better pic. c@c...

flashgordio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4451751684_40da970dc4_b.jpg
which ,if any, is the better pic. c@c...

4451755014_b4633a380c_b.jpg

with and without flash fill..

what!!!!!!!!!!!! no no critique??? come on..........

I like the contrast in the first shot better, and the subject is really interesting/fun to look at. But that being said, I don't feel that the angle and focal length do the subject justice. My eyes want to see more of the sculpture, and ulitmately I feel let down with this vantage point.

I like the second pic more because the edge of the object isn't cut off like in the first. Both work well for me as a sihlouette or with the fill flash only.

I like the contrast in the first shot better, and the subject is really interesting/fun to look at. But that being said, I don't feel that the angle and focal length do the subject justice. My eyes want to see more of the sculpture, and ulitmately I feel let down with this vantage point.

i understand the points about angle and vp. i was trying to emphasise the hight. can you enlargre on the focal length as i dont understand...ta

i understand now that to get more response from my post i may need to put more into them so here goes....
the sculpture is on the site of a closed down ship yard in england. it was constructed from remnants of one of the huge cranes that dominated the skyline for decades..it depicts that nature is now taking back what was an industrial site hence the morph from crane to tree. the mirror depicts looking back to a lost industry .......
the photo was taken with a fuji finepix which i took out on a bike ride.
it was set to auto for 1#
and for 2# i use fill flash.
the day was showery and dull
i tried to make the sculpture look bigger and more powerful than it was..guess it didnt work.. i would like your responses to help me achieve that which i seek....cheers

for me i would like it like this more, although I would change the angle of it all together.
the rest of the stuff is uninteresting to me. i believe go all the way or go home, if you want the picture somewhat abstract....

ps. not a great edit, just a quick one lol

test.jpg

for me i would like it like this more, although I would change the angle of it all together.
the rest of the stuff is uninteresting to me. i believe go all the way or go home, if you want the picture somewhat abstract....

ps. not a great edit, just a quick one lol

test.jpg
iam a big believer in editing pics, but only if it enhances or improves them... i think your quick edit just makes my dull pic look even duller..........but thanks for taking the time ....cheers

I have to disagree- The edit does the sculpture more justice in my opinion. It makes the silhouette against the sky much more attractive, without the distraction of the cement block or the other two objects at the bottom. The only thing I might add to it, would be the "perspective control" tool, that brings the top of the subject more forward, at a level view.

perspective control tool.. guess thats on ps?? not one ive use or seen.. can it be used when shooting tall buildings from ground level to straighten them up??

does the cro[p not make it look like half a pic.. with the base the sculpture is whole and grounded...

I have to disagree- The edit does the sculpture more justice in my opinion.

I disagree as well... The edit brings more attention to the detail of the sculpture. The original says, "look at this sculpture"... which in reality, isn't anything fance. The edit says, "look at the detail in this sculpture", which is much more interesting.

I like the edited version as well...it's a beautiful sculpture...the base and the other objects at the bottom are distracting.

Most reactions

Back